Thursday, January 23, 2014

Woah Mama

Hey there, remember me? You probably wouldn't recognize me since I've gained 20+ lbs in the last year....

Now that that has sunk in...I was just sitting here talking to Courtney about how I'm currently in a slump... slum? I don't care... no really, I don't care. That has been my attitude about everything lately. I don't care what I eat, I don't care what you eat, I don't care about exercise, I don't care what we do, I don't care if I'm fat. Ok, I lied on that last one. That, I care about... but I can't seem to care enough to do anything about it. I remembered my blog (not realizing its been a year since I posted) and how it was supposed to keep me motivated and accountable. Against my better judgement, I pulled it up and read it... and then I cried. And I cried and I cried. In my defense (and TMI) it's an emotional time of the month, but it made me sad, nonetheless.

I'm disappointed in myself. I'm disappointed in my appearance. I'm disappointed in my body. I'm just flat out disappointed.

In the last year, I've done weight watchers, and stopped (again). I've done exercise programs, and stopped (again). I've done the "I'm not gonna count points I'm just gonna eat healthy" thing, and stopped (again). I've done the"cabbage soup diet" [lord help us all], and stopped. I've done paleo, and stopped. I spent over $300 to join a biggest loser program at a local gym, and stopped going. Between all of these things, there was old faithful, weight watchers, again and again, and I stopped. Ive noticed through all of these things that I'm a damn good quitter. There's nobody better than me! I'd prove it to you, but I'd probably just stop. ::badum bum::

I'd like to start blogging again. I'm not going to promise, because we've all seen how good I am at keeping that. But if anyone has any tips or tricks that keep you motivated, please share. It's worth a shot - I've done everything else, right?

Current Weight: I need to dust the scale off first. I'll get back to you.

UPDATE: Apparently it's 2014.... sooo replace all the "a year"s with "2 years" above....fat folks can't count!

4 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad because you had a setback. Beating yourself up definitely won't help your motivation. When I find myself in a rut, I do something to make myself feel pretty. Get your hair done, get your nails done, buy some cute costume jewelry (don't go clothes shopping though!!). The better you feel, the more you will be motivated to keep on. Start incorporating workouts into your your daily routine when you can. Do squats while you cook. Make the whole family go for bike rides and walks after dinner. Start small and don't be discouraged if you're too tired sometimes after work. You did it before, so you KNOW you're capable. Most of all, remember that you're beautiful, smart, a good mom and a good person, regardless of what the scale says. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell people about my goals like you are now and they help to keep me accountable. Remember it is not so much about the weight as it is just being healthy. I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete