Sunday, January 15, 2012

Suck it up and one day you won't have to suck it in

I know, I know... I'm late on blogging.
I didn't blog last week because.. well... I didn't feel like it!

I am proud to report, however, that I kept my promise to myself. I have been eating healthy and working out every other day!! I haven't let anything stop me, and I must say I'm pretty proud. It may not be a huge deal, but it's been tempting to cheat and skip workouts, but I didn't.
I have actually enjoyed my workouts quite a bit. There have been times when I wanted to die in the middle of my workout, but I pushed through and felt better for it in the end. I have tried to keep things different so that I don't get bored. Some days I will take a 30 min class in the gym (usually followed by 30 mins on the treadmill), some days I do the elliptical or walk/jog around the neighborhood, and I even did the hour long cycle/spin DVD at the gym and I LOVED it. I have also found myself wishing I had my gym bag with me on my "off" days. I don't want to burn myself out like I have in the past so I am going to continue my every other day workouts for now.
As far as my diet goes, I have been eating a lot more fresh fruits and veggies. Snacks will usually be a piece of fruit or some carrot sticks/cherry tomatoes with hummus... mmm. I haven't eliminated starches, but replaced the whites (bread,  rice, wraps, etc) with brown/wheats. I have been trying to control my portion sizes, but I'm not gonna lie... that's my hardest challenge.  Dinner. I want to eat a lot of whatever I have. A lot. But I'm trying to stick to the whole "drink a glass of water and wait" rule. I have been drinking a lot more water too, and no soda.
Since I've been doing this ( Jan 1st), I have noticed a huge change in my energy level. I'm not tired during the day and am able to stay up later at night. I haven't even needed my morning coffee!!
Well except this morning... I didn't get any sleep last night so it's a triple shot type of day!

Last week, I weighed in at 4.5 lbs lost... this week I lost 3.5. So since the first I have lost 8 lbs! That's not as rapid of a weight loss as I had with Weight Watchers, but I honestly feel like I'm healthier this way because I'm eating better and exercising more. I think if I continue this way, I will get to where I want to be one day. I'm still huge, but I'm hopeful!

Weigh in: Sun, Jan 8th: 225 lbs (- 4.5 lbs)
Weigh in: today, Sun, Jan 15th: 221.5 (-3.5 lbs; -8 total)


3 comments: